Northstar Marine Insurance Prepares Ontarians for the Spring Boating Season by Offering Boat Insurance
Ontario (Barrie) – Spring has finally arrived, and although the lakes may still be frozen because of the unseasonal cold weather, it’s time to start planning for the boating season. In order to prepare boat owners and enthusiasts for the coming summer months, Northstar Marine Insurance encourages anyone who is planning to go on the water to consider getting an estimate for their marine insurance cost.
- Ontario residents can also prepare for the busy marina season by keeping the following things in mind:
- This year marinas are going to be packed with anxious customers looking to make repairs on their boats. Customers can beat the rush by scheduling any work that needs to be done on their boats prior to the May 24th
- Every year, spring runoff deposits debris into waterways, but this year the amount of debris in waterways may be worse than normal due to the heavy snowfall and ice damage to trees. Watch out for large debris that may be drifting throughout lakes.
- The brutally cold winter may have also had a damaging effect on storage sheds, and as a result, the boats within them. Individuals who have noticed damages to their boats are encouraged to contact an insurance company as soon as possible to beat the claim rush.
- Finally, it is always important to remember that a lake can look completely different in the spring than it does in July. From fluctuating water levels to hidden rocks, it is important for boaters to proceed with caution and make sure all of their safety equipment is updated and on board.
- There’s nothing better than that first ride on the lake after a long, hard winter. To learn more about how to prepare for spring boating, Ontario residents are encouraged to contact Northstar Marine Insurance to learn more.